Spring Is the Perfect Time for a New Home Bar
April 17, 2017 | By Mark |
After a winter that seemed like it would never end, spring temperatures are finally here. It’s time to get outside and feel the sun on your face once again.
Spring cleaning is prevalent during this season. This is the time of year when homeowners get the itch to go room through room and gut the home, discarding junk.
Remodeling is also popular in the spring. Are you planning a remodel this year? While sure, you could renovate your kitchen or rearrange the bedroom, why not do something totally fun? That’s right; splurge, live a little, treat yourself.
We’re talking about getting a home bar.
If you’re the type who likes to go out to bars with your friends from time to time, having a home bar is going to be incredibly convenient (not to mention pretty awesome). There are many benefits to having a bar right in your basement (or any other room). Here are some of those benefits.
1. Save money over the long-term: Between gas, the inflated costs of drinks, and bar food, the cost of your home bar will pay back dividends over the years.
2. See more of your friends: How often do you and your friends get together these days? With a home bar, you’ll always have a convenient excuse to hang out at your place.
3. Increased curb appeal: A home with its own bar will sell more than one without it. If you ever decide to move, you know you’ve made a renovation that increases the resale value of your home.
4. Learn a new skill: You’re the bartender now. With a home bar, you can spend time experimenting with drinks, mastering the classics and maybe even coming up with a new drink of your own.
5. Safety: At the end of the night, if you’ve had too much to drink, you’re already at home. You don’t have to worry about transportation. You can just head up to bed and sleep off the alcohol. How convenient is that?
Okay, so you’re probably convinced by now that you need a home bar. Just where can you find one? Contact us at CGD Glass Countertops. We’re a Canadian glass designer and manufacturer. We sell everything from glass bar tops, countertops, decorative doors, backsplashes, and glass sinks.
At CGD, we put the design power in your hands. All our items are customizable to some extent. Here’s how you can design your very own bar top when you work with us at CGD:
- Choose the glass thickness based on bar top measurements
- Select from an ultra-clear or aqua clear glass base
- Pick from our many glass textures, some of which are opaquer and others which are more transparent
- Select edge texturing if desired
- Select a surface treatment if desired
- Pick a color for the glass to be backpainted
- Add LED lighting to your bar top
As you can imagine, the possibilities are endless. To learn more or get a quote today, call us at CGD Glass Countertops.